Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Sandeep Khare Project

Sandeep Khare is one of the most influential Marathi poets of our generation. I got introduced to his work during the four years I spent at PVG, and I was instantly hooked on due to the clarity, the novelty, and the sheer contemporariness of his work, not to mention that most of his work touched me like no other.

Throughout my yet nascent journey through Marathi poetry, I could not help but fret at this treasure of thoughts, ideas and art that many of us who're artistically inclined miss out on, only due to unfamiliarity with the language. Here's my attempt at bringing some of those thoughts, so that they touch you, just the way have me.

All apologies to Knowers of the art; as an amateur I find poetic translation extremely challenging, frustrating even; since even though one knows what one must say, words elude one, and while the sword of being true to the original's sentiments hangs indefinitely over one's head, there is the inherent will of the artist to present his own interpretation of a work of art. I have tried, to the best of my abilities.

To the rest of us, hope you guys enjoy it. Loads more to come...here's the first one, catalysed and crystallized over one sweaty Saturday morning, when a passionately loved one left.

1 Comments:

Blogger Abhijeet Gyal said...

gr8 blog, sopan, ya im a gr8 fan of sandeep khare and salil kulkarni too; their works are really soulful and touching. your photography is good too...keep it up.

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home